Can I claim benefits if I am no longer being paid by my employer?

If your wages reduce or stop you may be able to get Universal Credit. This will give you money to live on and help to pay rent. If you are already getting universal credit when your wages stop or reduce you should report this as a change of circumstances in you universal credit account. Universal credit is paid a month in arrears so if you are struggling while waiting for your universal credit to increase contact your local council for a crisis grant.

You may also get help to pay your council tax if your income falls. Contact your local council or visit their website for details.

We also have details of Crisis support help

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux