Family Law, Separating, Support and advice

Can my ex force me to go to court about contact with our children when I want to use a mediation service? He is getting legal aid so will I have to pay the cost if it does go to court?

Your solicitor should be able to advise you about going to court and what you will be expected to pay. I understand this is a worry but going to court will give you the opportunity to have your side heard.

You may be able to get more information about court costs on the Scottish Legal Aid Board website and the Scottish Child Law Centre will be able to advice you about your legal rights. They have a helpline and give free legal advice about issues involving children

You can also call the Lone Parent Helpline on 0808 801 0323, if you would like to talk in more detail.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux