Children, Separating

How do I arrange child maintenance payments when my child’s other parent does not live in the UK?

The best way to arrange child maintenance payments is for both parents to agree on an amount. There is no calculation that needs to be considered if it is done this way. This informal agreement is not legally binding so it is flexible and can change when circumstances do.

If parents are not able to come to an informal agreement, and one parent live outside of the UK, legal advice from a solicitor may be needed.

A family law solicitor can be found using the tool on the Scottish Legal Aid Board’s website.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux