Children, Money

I have an agreement with my ex about child maintenance payments. It has been 5 years since we made the arrangement and I think his salary now with be much more than it was then. Can we change the agreement?

If it has been a while since your child maintenance arrangement was made and circumstances have change you can consider a new agreement. Usually the best way to do this is directly and informally with your ex. If you don’t think this will work because you do not want to talk to each other, there has been abuse or you think your ex may not be giving you all the details you need about his income, you can consider using the Child Maintenance Service. They can check with HMRC what your ex’s salary is and how much you should be receiving. There is a £20 charge for getting a calculation and additional charges to both parents for using the Child Maintenance Service for collecting maintenance.

For more detail see our information or visit the Child Maintenance Service.


Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux