Housing, Money

I have just moved house and used up all the money I had buying things I needed for my new home. I am now struggling to pay for everyday items like food, gas and electricity. I can’t get any more help from the council through the Scottish Welfare Fund. Can anyone else help?

You can usually only get help 3 time per year from the Scottish Welfare Fund to pay for food and gas/electricity. As a result of the coronavirus this rule has been relaxed so it maybe worthwhile asking again especially if any benefits have been delayed.

If you need help to pay for gas and electricity you can contact your fuel supplier for help. Some suppliers offer grants to help or offer special tariffs if you are on a low income. The Warm Home Discount is £140 per year towards your electricity bill for people in certain circumstances. Contact your fuel supplier to see if they offer it and if you can apply.

Home Energy Scotland is an advice service that gives information on how to reduce your fuel bills. They can be contacted on 0808 808 2282, Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm and Sat 9am to 5pm.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux