Employment, Housing

I have recently been made redundant but I have applied for a house. How do I apply for housing benefit and would I be eligible for the help with the deposit?

If you need to make a new claim for housing benefit it would now be universal credit you apply for. There is a housing element in UC that replaces housing benefit. See Crisis to search for rent deposit schemes where you live. Please call the Lone Parent Helpline on 0808 801 0323 if you need more advice about claiming universal credit.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux