I work part time and am moving into a flat but need some essential items. Where can I get help?

If you are on Universal Credit you can apply for a Budgeting Advance which must be repaid from future payments of Universal Credit. Applications are made through your Jobcentre office or by calling the Universal Credit Helpline on 0800 328 5644, www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-credit-advances#get-a-budgeting-advance.

If you can’t get one of these then you could go to www.turn2us to see if you could get help through a Trust Fund.  Your local council’s Scottish Welfare Fund might also be able to suggest other options in your area.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux