Children, Coronavirus

My brother is a single parent with a daughter of 7. If my brother caught Coronavirus, who would look after his daughter?

There is no straight answer to this question because there are a lot of unknowns, but if your niece’s other parent, or extended family, were not able for whatever reason, to look after your niece, then social services should be contacted to provide temporary care for her.

When a child normally looked after by a parent can’t be looked after, social services look first for any kinship care possibilities and if this is not an option they would then be responsible for providing other care for that child.  Maybe you could discuss this with your brother and any extended family and try to speak to a social worker attached to your brother’s council to ask them the question.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux