Children, Money, Support and advice

My ex-husband is not declaring his full income to Child Maintenance Service. Is there anything I can do?

I am assuming, given you are asking about this, that you aren’t able to talk to him about your concerns. If not, unfortunately there is very little you can do about this unless you can prove that your ex is not declaring his accurate earnings to HMRC.  That isn’t an easy thing to do and you would need to have evidence to present to either the CSA or the Child Maintenance Service for them to take your query any further with HMRC.  If he is not declaring his accurate income to HMRC then this is tax evasion and there are penalties for this.

Here is a link to the website giving information on tax evasion and how you can report it,

However, I would think really carefully about taking this course of action as it might make your situation worse and could cause conflict between you and your ex, maybe even affect contact he has with your children.   Please feel free to call us on the Lone Parent Helpline on 0808 801 0323 if you would like to talk further about this.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux