My child’s father visits her once a week is he still allowed to do this?

The UK Govt guidance is that children under 18yrs can move between parents  – while children should not normally be moving between households, they recognise that this may be necessary when children who are under 18 move between separated parents. This is permissible & has been made clear in the guidance. UK Cabinet Minister Michael Gove has confirmed this on Twitter.

Where can I go for information and help?

ClanChildlaw can provide free advice on children’s rights and the law. Their phone number is 0808 129 0522.

Parentline Scotland provides advice to families. Further information is available on their website.

The Scottish Child Law Centre also provides advice and information about children’s rights and child law. Please email if you have any queries. If you are a child or young person under the age of 21 there is a helpline – free from a mobile 0300 330 1421 or from a landline 0800 328 8970.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux