Benefits, Money

Where can I get help to buy furniture and white goods for my home?

You can apply for a community care grant from your local council to help pay for essential items you need for your home.

You must be 16 years or over, have a low income and be leaving care or need help to stay in your home to get a community care grant. You do not have to be getting benefits and the money does not have to be paid back.

The fund can pay out cash grants or give assistance with fuel cards, food vouchers, travel permits, loaded store cards for the purchase of white goods and furniture. Each local authority can use its discretion on the type of help they will provide. Applications can usually be made face-to-face, by telephone, online or by downloading and posting the form.

Contact your local council to apply.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days, check back on the board to see your question answered. If our advisers feel we are unable to post your question and answer publicly here, they will get in touch directly.

  • By sending you agree to our privacy policy
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux