Business Development Lead
Last updated: 28/09/2021
Location: Scotland – open to home-based, office (Edinburgh) based and/or a combination of both.
Salary: £27,795 – £33,972 pro rata for 21 hours (based on an FTE of 35hrs)
Hours: 21 hours per week – until 31st March 2023
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Closing Date: 27th October at 5pm
Completed Applications: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
OPFS is the leading charity working with single parent families in Scotland. We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Lead to join our Business Development team and fulfil a critical lead role to help us secure the funding we need to achieve our mission of working with and for single parent families, providing support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children.
Most of our funding comes from statutory sources, local authorities, partnerships and charitable trusts and foundations. We are a small team of 3 working alongside local and national services to generate new income and build on relationships with long-standing supporters of our work. As our Business Development Lead, you will bring your experience of the public procurement environment to lead on writing bids, proposals, applications, and tenders and to support our services in cultivating relationships with commissioners.
All roles at OPFS contribute to our mission of working with and for single parent families, providing support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying business development and partnership opportunities so that all new or enhanced funding opportunities are exploited. This includes supporting existing services to prepare for re-tender.
- Maintaining a tender desk, including contributing to organisational policies development.
- Leading on coordination of tender bids and proposals ensuring project planning, communication and submission meets deadlines.
- Developing and writing excellent bids, proposals, tenders, and applications for a variety of services including employability, financial inclusion, support for families, advice and information services.
- Proactively engage with, develop, and maintain purposeful contact with key agencies and partners to support business development. This includes utilising local area service contacts to establish links with local public sector commissioners.
- Supporting local and national service managers with contract management, including attending contract monitoring meetings.
- Updating internal bid management systems (Salesforce).
- Supporting the Business Development Team to constantly improve by sharing your knowledge and experiences, and challenging existing ways of working.
- Represent OPFS as required at appropriate external meetings and enhance the profile of the organisation.