Communications and PR Officer
Last updated: 10/11/2021
Location: OPFS HQ Edinburgh office with hybrid working considered.
Salary: £22,542 – £27,552 full time, pro-rata for part-time.
Hours: 25 hours per week.
Reports to: Digital Services and Communications Manager.
Closing Date: 1st December at 5pm
Completed Applications: Send to email@example.com.
The Communications and PR Officer will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of high-quality integrated communications and building the brand and profile of OPFS. You will support a range of communications, PR, single parent audience development and marketing activities that support the delivery of the organisation’s strategic goals. Working within our communications team, you’ll lead on the planning and delivery of all aspects of PR activity, contribute towards comms and identify, and respond quickly, to short term opportunities.
You’ll help co-ordinate the scheduling, drafting and delivery across our social media channels, write and edit press releases and other written materials such as blog posts, latest news features and statements and support single parents to take part in comms/media.
- Building brand and increasing our reach through writing style and visual brand.
- Delivering effective communications, marketing campaigns and projects.
- Work effectively with single parents to ensure active involvement in and support for communications and campaigns.
- To co-ordinate public relations activities ensuring consistency of messaging, identifying media opportunities, and developing content for news releases and various channels.
- Key responsibility in developing digital content for a range of projects across social media, website, and other online platforms.
- Write and publish content, ensuring that it reflects and reinforces OPFS brand and personality.
- Proactively plan workloads whilst working in an overall team framework.
- Identify and understand the different audiences OPFS communicates with and how best to communicate with them.