Employability Advisors (2 posts), Glasgow
Last updated: 01/09/2021
The Employability Advisors will provide employability support for single parents living with complex needs and facing additional barriers to entering suitable employment through one-to-one meetings and group work sessions.
Location: Based within OPFS city centre Glasgow office, community outreach, and home working.
Salary: Point 13-17, £22,542 – £27,552 per annum
Hours: Full (35) and Part time (21/25/28) hours available
Reports to: Glasgow Services Manager
Closing Date: 23rd September at 5pm
Completed Applications: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
All roles at OPFS contribute to our mission of working with and for single parent families, providing support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children.
Main duties include:
- Case Management: Work with single parents, living with complex needs and facing additional barriers, to access employability support by using case management methods, to provide a continuum of consistent support through each client’s journey of the OPFS Employability Pathway and progress into suitable and sustainable employment.
- Families: Enable single parents to identify their future goals, assess motivation, develop personal action plans, and support client’s access to suitable employability activities.
- Barriers: Identify clients presenting barriers to employment and work with single parents to address those barriers.
- Liaison: Build links with agencies, projects, organisations, and groups across the city, to identify eligible single parents who would benefit from participating in a scheduled programme of employability support, that will enable them to access suitable employment opportunities.
- Outreach & Engagement: Undertake activities to actively reach out to and engage with eligible single parents; supporting clients to build their confidence and develop their knowledge and awareness of the support and services available to them through OPFS’s Employability Service.
- Work/Vocational Activities & Training: Co-ordinate and deliver a range of employability activities to enable single parents facing additional barriers to employment to develop their knowledge, awareness and understanding of early work preparation, C.V. development and core skills, helping to increase participants access to available employment, training, and education opportunities.
- Job Matching: Provide single parents to be job ready through the provision of activities that focus on; active job searching, completing application forms, attending interviews and make informed decisions to secure and sustain suitable employment.
- In-Work Support: Provide single parents living with complex needs and facing additional barriers to employment with continued support on entering employment, to help parents sustain and progress within employment.
- Local Services: Develop knowledge of services related to employment, training, education, childcare, and other relevant support. Develop an effective network of referral agencies supporting single parents to reach their future goal of entering suitable employment.
- Signposting and Referral: Ensure that single parents gain equal access to the services and resources that will help to address their needs and support their progression along OPFS Employability Pathway.
- Money Advice: Liaise with OPFS Financial Inclusion team to support clients with benefits advice, in-work calculations and access to debt and crisis support.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensure effective recording, monitoring and evaluation procedures are collated and produced on a regular monthly basis.
- Other Relevant Duties: Carrying out any other relevant duties related to the above.