Family Support Worker
Last updated: 16/02/2021
Location: North Lanarkshire
Salary: £22,542 – £27,552, pro-rata
Hours: 25 hours per week
Reports to: North Lanarkshire Service Manager
Department: North Lanarkshire Service
Closing Date: 5th March 2021 at 5pm.
Completed Applications: Please send to email@example.com
The Family Support Worker will be responsible to the Project Manager for the delivery of the support services for single parents, young parents and their children. The role will include the provision of family support, outreach activities, training and the co-ordination and delivery of Community Hubs for single parents.
- Family Support: Develop and deliver a range of 1:1 and group work interventions virtual and face to face for single parent families to improve resilience and build capacity. Supporting single parents to further develop parenting capacity, access additional community resources and reduce their isolation through developing supportive relationships with other single parents.
- Group work: Engage with single parents and facilitate & co-ordinate the delivery of community-based hubs and training programmes, virtual and face-to-face.
- Training: Design, develop and deliver a range of PSD, Wellbeing and Employability Programmes for single parents.
- Partnership Working: Develop and maintain contacts with agencies and contribute to partnership working to create new opportunities for single parent families.
- Advice and Information: Provide practical advice and guidance to single parents who are in need of additional support and signpost to internal and external agencies where appropriate.
- Record Keeping and Evaluation: Document comprehensive contacts with parents & and develop monitoring / evaluation frameworks to evaluate the effectiveness of the service ensuring aims and outcomes are being delivered.
- Reporting,Targets and outcomes: Ensure project outcomes and targets are met in -line with funding application and submit comprehensive reports to the Project Manager on all areas of work you are responsible for.