Family Support Worker (Young Parents)
Last updated: 16/02/2021
Location: North Lanarkshire
Salary: £22,542-£27,552 pro-rata
Hours: 25 hours per week
Reports to: North Lanarkshire Service Manager
Department: North Lanarkshire service
Closing Date: Friday 5th March 2021 at 5pm.
Completed Applications: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Support Worker (Young Parents) will be responsible to the Project Manager for the delivery of services for young single parents and their children. The role will include the provision of family support, outreach activities, training and the co-ordination and delivery Early Intervention Parenting programme and Peer Support Hubs.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Family Support: Develop and deliver a range of 1:1 and group work interventions for young single parent families to improve resilience. Supporting young single parents in developing parenting skills and supporting them to reduce isolation through developing supportive relationships with other single parents.
- Training and Group work: Design, develop and deliver a range of Early Intervention parenting, PSD and Peer Support Programs for young single parents and their children virtual and face-to-face.
- Partnership Working: Developing and maintaining contacts with agencies and contribute to partnership working to create new opportunities for young single parent families.
- Advice and Information: Provide practical advice and support to young parents who are in need of additional support and signpost and refer to internal and external agencies where appropriate that will address their needs.
- Record Keeping and Evaluation: Document comprehensive contacts with parents & and develop monitoring / evaluation frameworks to evaluate the effectiveness of the service ensuring aims and outcomes are being delivered.
- Reporting, Targets and outcomes: Ensure project outcomes and targets are met in-line with funding application and submit comprehensive reports to the Project Manager on all areas of work you are responsible for.