Lanarkshire Services Manager
Last updated: 08/06/2022
Location: Based in Motherwell at OPFS Lanarkshire Offices
Salary: OPFS Scale Points 25-29, £35,024 – £42,808
Hours: 35 hours per week
Fixed Term: Permanent
Reports to: Director of Support for Families and National Programmes
Closing Date: 5pm 11th July 2022
Completed Applications: Send to email@example.com
Role and responsibilities:
The Lanarkshire Services Manager role holds overall responsibility for the delivery of OPFS Services in the Lanarkshire area. The role will contribute to the organisation’s vision of a Scotland in which single parents and their children are valued and treated equally and fairly by leading, managing and coordinating the various components of our Lanarkshire provision. The role holder will be responsible for management of the Lanarkshire Support for Families staff to enable them to offer a consistent level of effective support to single parents and their children and to meeting funding obligations. This role holds responsibility for the relevant staff and budgets; for representing the work of OPFS to external agencies, and for developing new areas of work, and funding for these, in conjunction with the OPFS Senior Team.
All roles at OPFS contribute to our mission of working with and for single parent families, providing support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children.
Main duties include:
Responsible for the management, day-to-day running, and adequate resourcing of OPFS Lanarkshire service. This includes:
- Working as a member of the Leadership team to support the development and implementation of the strategic and annual operational plans.
- Leading, directing and managing our well-established Lanarkshire Support for Families Service to ensure that single parents have the opportunity and support to make choices that enable them to lead a full life and promote wellbeing and that their rights are at the heart of all service developments and improvements.
- Responsibilities for the performance and development of the Lanarkshire Support for Families service.
- Working with service users, external partners and providers and be responsible for all aspects of the specialist services provided, ensuring positive outcomes for single parent families.
- Contributing to development of service provision regionally and nationally, including leading on a specific thematic issue for single parents.
- Leading on funding applications for the service, working with, and supported by, OPFS Business Development team, managing budgets and reporting back to funders.
- Managing the Lanarkshire service income and expenditure in line with annual budgets and liaising with the OPFS Finance Manager on preparation of budgets.
- Working closely with OPFS Communications team, developing digital channels and the marketing and promotion strategy for the service.
- Establishing and maintaining effective liaison with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies, including developing partnership initiatives.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in Support for Families to ensure OPFS provision nationally is cohesive, high quality and effective.
- Representing the work of OPFS to external agencies and developing new areas of work.
Any other relevant duties as requested by the Directorate or the Board.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.