Parental Employability Development Worker
Last updated: 30/04/2021
This position is partially funded by European Social Funds (ESF), and so will adhere to rules and guidance from this funder. 100% of working hours will be dedicated to working on the Parental Employment Support Service, in partnership with Dundee City Council and other organisations.
Location: Home-based until such time as we can safely return to office working. The role will then be based within OPFS Dundee office
Fixed Term: Funded to 31st March 2022
Salary: Point 13-17, £22,542 – £27,552 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 16 hours per week
Reports to: OPFS Family Support Services Manager
Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021 at 5pm
Completed Applications: Send to email@example.com
The Parental Employability Development Worker will be responsible to the Dundee Services Manager and will work in collaboration with the Parental Employment Service to support single parents who are in work, but are under-employed, to develop their in-work potential. The work will be in partnership with single parents and their employers, to achieve a positive outcome.
You will work closely with a number of single parents, profiling their skills, qualifications and experience and jointly planning activity that will enable them to achieve their work goals, upskill through training and support, and achieve progressions or sustainment in work.
You will be an important member of the wider Dundee Family Support Services team, supporting organisational objectives through delivery of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support strategic and societal goals.
- Case Management: Support single parents in work using case management methods, to provide a continuum of consistent support to enable them to develop their in-work potential.
- Barriers: Identify barriers to in work development and work with single parents with to address those barriers.
- Parents: Develop positive relationships with participating single parents, their circles of support and professional support services.
- Liaison: Building links with organisations and groups throughout Dundee, to identify eligible single parents interested in progressing in-work.
- Outreach & Engagement: Undertake activities in communities to actively reach eligible single parents as a basis to support their learning and development and engage them in action to support change within their lives.
- Work/Vocational Activities & Training: Co-ordinate and deliver a range of activities to enable single parents to develop core knowledge and skills to increase their in-work potential.
- In Work Support: Provide single parents with continued support whilst in employment to help sustain their jobs.
- Local services: Work closely with local partners, including employers, funders and other stakeholders, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of experiences and opportunities.
- Signpost: single parents to services that will address their needs.
- Money Advice: Liaise with money advice workers and the single parent helpline to offer better off calculations and access to debt counselling support.
- Marketing: To implement the marketing and promotion strategy for the service.
- Record Keeping: Keeping accurate and up-to-date records ready for audit; recording and gathering project information in line with project timescales and work plan; handle and store information in line with One Parent Families Scotland data protection policy; report accurately on project activity when requested in line with project timescales.
- Other Relevant duties: Carrying out any other relevant duties related to the above.