Senior Welfare Rights Advisor
Last updated: 23/06/2022
Location: Working flexibly across OPFS Glasgow and South Lanarkshire Service
Salary: Point 19 – 23 £28,629 – £34,991
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexibly to meet the demands of the job
Reports to: Project Manager, Glasgow & Lanarkshire Services
Closing Date: 5pm 28th July 2022. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received, and interviews will take place on a weekly basis throughout this period and closing date may end earlier.
Completed Applications: Send to email@example.com
Role and responsibilities:
To support the Financial Inclusion Lead in the delivery of high quality, efficient and effective Welfare Rights service in Glasgow, and South Lanarkshire (Rutherglen/ Cambuslang) through the provision of welfare rights advice supporting single parent families to maximise income through welfare benefit entitlements, address levels of household poverty and provide support to help with situations of crisis. To provide professional guidance and support to welfare rights staff team.
All roles at OPFS contribute to our mission of working with and for single parents providing support that enables them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to poverty and address the barriers facing single parents and their children.
Main duties include:
- Provide day to day delivery of the Financial Inclusion aspect of the South Lanarkshire and Glasgow East “Supporting Families” partnership projects.
- Provide advice to clients on welfare rights issues to maximise income and support independence through the tribunal appeals process.
- Prepare cases for submission to Tribunal Appeals Hearings.
- Able to work in a demanding environment and with a high caseload of clients.
- Develop training programmes for parents and practitioners on welfare rights, new Scottish Social Security Benefits etc.
- Provide support and up-to-date legislative guidance on welfare benefits.
- Adhere to all requirements of the organisations systems and processes in accordance with the Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers and comply with the Financial Conduct Authority Regulations pertaining to Money Advice.
- Establishing and maintaining effective liaison with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies including developing partnership initiatives.
- To work within annual budget set for the Project and funders’ grant conditions and liaising with Financial Inclusion Lead on preparation of budgets.
- To work closely with the Financial Inclusion Lead to submit monitoring and evaluation information to funders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deputise for the Financial Inclusion Lead when required and provide support to staff and supervision when required.
- Support the Financial Inclusion Lead to develop, implement and maintain appropriate performance management reporting systems as a means to managing staff performance.
- Work in a pro-active, non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive manner that encourages single parents to access services.
- To positively promote the work of OPFS Glasgow / South Lanarkshire services and strengthening existing links with external stakeholders.
- To provide positive role modelling for staff supporting single parents while promoting and supporting good practice and compliance to OPFS’ ethos, policies and procedures.
- To adhere to confidentiality and information sharing protocols and legislation with regard to sensitive data between service users, staff and relevant agencies.
- To take part in service evaluation, monitoring and consultations with service users.
- Identifying any new needs that service users may have and developing new services to meet such needs, including working to secure additional funding.
Other duties and responsibilities:
Undertake other duties appropriate to the job and grade, and as required by the line manager and ensure appropriate outcomes are achieved.
DocumentsDownload Job Description Download Application Form Download Application Form Guidance Notes Download Applicant Privacy Notice Download Recruitment and Selection Policy
Applications will be assessed as they are received, and interviews will take place on a weekly basis throughout this period and closing date may end earlier.