Welfare Rights Advisor, Glasgow
Last updated: 09/09/2021
The Welfare Rights Advisor will provide an up to date and comprehensive welfare benefits advice and income maximisation service for single parent families.
Location: Based within OPFS Glasgow city centre office
Salary: Points 13-17 £22542 – £27552 – for 35 hours
Hours: Full (35) and Part time (21/25/28) hours available
Reports to: Project Manager, Glasgow & Lanarkshire Services
Closing Date: 29th September at 5pm
Completed Applications: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will also provide advocacy service for single parents undergoing appeals or attending tribunals and roll out training or updates to staff to ensure they are kept informed of changes in the Welfare Benefit system.
All roles at OPFS contribute to our mission of working with and for single parent families, providing support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children.
Main duties include:
- To provide benefit advice to single parents on all benefits and casework.
- Provide representation for clients by preparing and presenting cases at benefit appeal hearings.
- To establish links with relevant services throughout Glasgow, particularly GAIN Network Agencies.
- Assist with research and campaigns on issues relating to welfare reform.
- To organise in-house training on welfare benefits for appropriate OPFS staff.
- Assist in producing, maintaining and distributing appropriate information materials.
- Maintain case records for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval, monitoring and reporting.
- Recording client cases using Advice Pro Case Management System as required to enable the service to be monitored and evaluated.
- To adhere to all requirements of the organisations systems and processes in accordance with the Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers and comply with the Financial Conduct Authority Regulations pertaining to Money Advice.
- Provide regular reports to the Project Manager on activities against targets.
Please note that we are promoting this vacancy until 5pm on 29th September.
Interviews will take place on a weekly basis throughout September and the closing date may end earlier so we encourage you to get your application in as early as possible. Previous applicants need not apply.