Exercise at home
Last updated: 09/04/2020
You can’t get out much, but you can still exercise at home. This will help your physical and mental wellbeing:
- Cosmic kids yoga: for children age 3+.
- Jump Start Johnny: child-friendly exercise videos that some schools subscribe to. Some videos available for free.
- NHS guide to exercise: some of these can be done at home.
- Dance: put on the radio, YouTube or create your own personal family happy playlist together. If you’re interested in the science behind the benefits of dancing, check out Dr Dance.
- Physical activity reduces stress: tips from NHS including doing your housework! Don’t put too much stress on yourself by having to keep your house tidy. Give your children some tasks so they can help too.
- Activities for children and young people when you’re social distancing: links and suggestions for fun activities and learning.
- Get creative and challenge your children to come up with ways you can stay active together. Lots of children will love the chance to be the gym teacher and boss their parent about.
These are uncertain times. It’s OK not to feel yourself at the moment. Here are some tips from the Scottish Government to help clear your head.