Housing if separating from a partner

What are your options as a single parent when looking for somewhere to live.


Renting a home

Your two main options are renting a home from a social landlord or a private landlord.


What financial help is available to pay my rent?

Depending on your circumstances you may get financial help to pay your rent to a social landlord or private landlord through housing benefit, or universal credit.