Housing, Money

Are there grants available to make improvements and adaptions to my house?

If your home needs improved or adapted to make it safe and suitable to live in you can contact your local council’s ‘Scheme of assistance’ for advice. The scheme gives information on grants and services available to adapt your home to suit you if you have a disability or are elderly. There may also be grants available to make general repairs and home improvements. Each local council offers different help and support. See their website for further details what is available, who can apply and how to apply.

Home Energy Scotland gives information and advice on how to reduce energy bill and make your home more energy efficient. They also give details of grants and schemes available to do this.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux