Useful contacts

Last updated: 22/03/2022

Lone Parent Helpline (OPFS)

The Lone Parent Helpline provides free support and advice on anything from dealing with a break-up, moving into work or sorting out child maintenance, benefits or tax credit issues.
An interpreted call service is available. 
Open: Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4pm

Call: 0808 801 0323




Universal Credit Helpline

Open: Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm
0800 328 5644
Textphone: 0800 328 1344


Local Council Welfare Rights Worker

All local authorities have a Welfare Rights Team who deal with benefit enquiries. Some will also deal with debt. Contact your local council for details.


Find your local Citizens Advice Bureaux

Citizens Advice is a service offering advice and support on many issues including welfare benefits. They have offices across Scotland.

To find your local bureaux visit: