Last updated: 19/02/2020
One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS) is committed to providing accessible and inclusive content for all users, however you may find that altering certain settings on some browsers may improve your browsing experience. Find out more about altering your browser settings – https://www.w3.org/WAI/users/browsing.
Content and design
OPFS has designed and developed its website with accessibility in mind.
- All pages and topics have clear text headings
- Sentence are kept short as much as possible and have clear meanings at the beginning
- Link text use meaningful text
- Colours are based on OPFS branded colours and are used to denote and separate specific content
To conform to W3 accessibility guidelines, cascading style sheets have been used to create the layout of this site. However, the functionality and content are independent of this technology and users may disable the default style sheets to maximise flexibility with font resizing or implement their own style sheets in their browser preferences.
Please visit the W3 accessibility guidelines for more information.
Below is a list of popular software that may be useful for customising this site to your needs. Some of these assistive technologies are free, some are commercial but have free demos.
- NVDA, a free screen reader that is compatible with Windows and available in multiple languages
- VoiceOver, a screen reader built into Apple Inc.’s macOS and iOS, which allows users to access devices via spoken description, and lets you control your Mac using gestures, keyboard or braille display
- Lynx browser, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays
- Links browser, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth
- Opera browser, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user stylesheets, image toggle. A free downloadable version is available. Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and several other operating systems. Reporting accessibility problems with this website
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com.