Support for dads
Last updated: 13/03/2023
As a single father, you will share the same feelings as any other parent. Find out more about the support for dads offered by our local services.
As a single father, you will share the same feelings as any other parent. As a contact father, living apart from your children can leave you feeling incomplete as a parent. We know that getting a bit of support and advice, or even just someone to talk to can improve family life for you and your children.
Dundee support service
One Parent Families Scotland Dundee Family Support Services has a dedicated Children and Fathers Worker who is here to listen, give some advice and offer support.
There are all sorts of things that can affect family life for you and your family. We can provide help and information about:
- children’s health and wellbeing
- contact arrangements or issues
- separation and family relationships
- family activities to join
- household and finance matters
- increasing your “Dad skills”.
Lanarkshire support service
Local service workers can meet you one-to-one at a time and place to suit your circumstances. We can provide advice and support around:
- benefit entitlements
- health and wellbeing
- involvement with statutory services (i.e. Social Work, health professionals, nursery or school staff)
- or simply the struggles of everyday life.
One-to-one support offers a confidential, non-judgmental service which helps dads to reduce feelings of isolation, increase their sense of family wellbeing and parenting skills, and build confidence and self-esteem.
Our local workers can also support dads with referrals for:
- financial inclusion support
- crisis support
- food banks, baby banks, school uniform grants and more.
Find out more about support for dads offered by our local services at the links below, where you can also find their contact details.