Heating your home
Last updated: 26/11/2023
Warm Home Discount Scheme
Many energy suppliers are now accepting applications for the Warm Home Discount Scheme. You may be eligible to apply for a credit of £150 to your pre-payment meter or your bill under certain circumstances.
Each supplier has slightly different criteria, for example if you are:
- on benefits
- a low-income earner with working tax credits
- have a disability
- a lone parent with young children.
If you have received the discount automatically in the past you should check to see if you will need to re-apply, most of the companies will contact to let people know that they don’t need to re-apply.
The one-off payment will be paid into your electricity account or onto your key card early 2021 (usually around March) to support you with your 2020-21 winter fuel bills.
Apply as soon as you can as application windows are short and are on a first-come first-served basis.
How to apply:
- Contact OPFS Glasgow on 0141-847-0444 or our Helpline on 0808 801 0323 for support to apply and any other fuel issues you may have
- Get in touch with your energy supplier (some links below)
- Call the Warm Home Discount Scheme on 0345 603 9439 (open Mon to Fri, 8:30am to 4:30pm)
Most of the energy suppliers are part of the scheme but some only have restricted windows when you can apply. Some links below to energy company pages on this.
Utilita only keep their application window open for 1 week – 5th -12th August 2020. If you are not sure if your supplier is part of the scheme or you want to find out if their application window is open check with your supplier on their website or look at the government website to check.
Remember it is on a first come first served basis so apply as soon as possible.