Last updated: 17/08/2022
During and after the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis we are gathering feedback on some of the key issues single parents are experiencing through our local and national services. A report is produced based on this feedback highlighting key themes which must then inform future service delivery and policy priorities.
View our latest report
Our bi-monthly monitoring reports have captured the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lives of single parent families. The report now also focusses on the impact of the cost-of-living crisis including rising energy costs and food bills. However, we will still recognise COVID-19 related issues which continue to impact on single parent families.
There are five elements to the model:
- Gathering knowledge: Parent’s experience is systematically collected and analysed.
- Monitoring Emerging Issues: Emerging issues are drawn out and highlighted.
- OPFS Response: Our services respond by working to meet the needs identified.
- Dissemination and Communication: Emerging issues communicated to key influencers.
- Single Parent Proofing: Using single parent feedback to inform the development, implementation and evaluation of policy and practice so that they respond effectively to the
needs of single parents.