Training for practitioners
Last updated: 20/02/2020
One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS) offers a wide range of training support to practitioners working with single parents.
We offer a range of introductory half-day courses to professionals working with single parents in Scotland. Our courses help you keep up to date with issues affecting single parent families enabling you to support and advise them.
Why choose OPFS for your training?
- OPFS is the only national single parent organisation in Scotland providing services to single parents.
- OPFS has a great track record of providing highly rated training to the statutory and voluntary sectors.
- All our trainers regularly give advice to single parents and bring years of experience and knowledge to the subject and how it applies in Scotland.
- Our courses are very interactive and engaging, using small groups of up to eight participants and giving plenty of time for discussion and practising advice and calculations with case studies.
- All participants will be given resources to share with colleagues and single parents as well as offering access to our Lone Parent Helpline for ongoing support.
We can come to you
All our courses can be tailored and booked to take place at your venue.
The following half-day in-house courses are available:
- Single Parent Awareness
- Benefit Conditions and Sanctions on Single Parents
- Universal Credit for Single Parents in Scotland
- Child Maintenance to Maximise Single Parent Income
We also offer training to the third and private / public sector.
Contact our training delivery coordinator Nicky Sugden firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on fees and set up arrangements.