Exercise at home
Last updated: 30/09/2021
Here are some tips and sites for exercising at home. This will boost your and your children’s physical and mental wellbeing:
- Cosmic kids yoga: for children age 3+.
- Jump Start Johnny: child-friendly exercise videos that some schools subscribe to. Some videos available for free.
- NHS guide to exercise: some of these can be done at home.
- Dance: put on the radio, YouTube or create your own personal family happy playlist together. If you’re interested in the science behind the benefits of dancing, check out Dr Dance.
- Physical activity reduces stress: even doing your housework can help! Don’t put too much stress on yourself by having to keep your house tidy. Give your children some tasks so they can help too. Here’s some NHS stressbuster information which includes information about physical activity and mental health.
- Activities for children and young people: links and suggestions for fun activities and learning.
- Get creative and challenge your children to come up with ways you can stay active together.