Can I apply for a passport for my child without the father?

Only someone with Parental Responsibilities and Rights (PRR) can apply for a passport for a child. You need to give details for both parents on the application form and if you can’t do this, then you need to be able to say why –  This can be complicated depending on whether your child’s father has PRRs or not, or whether there are any court orders in place etc.  Call the Lone Parent Helpline on 0808 801 0323 if you would like to discuss this further or contact the Scottish Child Law Centre if you need legal advice on this.

Your question hasn't been answered?

Please complete the fields below. One of our advisers will review your question and provide an answer within 3 working days. Check back on the board to see your question answered. We don't publish answers to questions if the subject and answer is sensitive, we will email you back directly if this is the case.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux