Last updated: 10/12/2019
We offer a free, confidential, face-to-face counselling service for single parents and single parent kinship carers. Our counsellors are either qualified practitioners or trainees working towards a recognised qualification in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Following the announcement on Monday 16 March regarding Covid 19, we will be suspending our counselling service.
Our counselling service adheres to the British Association of Clinical Psychologists (BACP) Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
If you need to speak to someone during this period or you require urgent support, please contact one of the following services:
- NHS 111/999 – If dealing with a mental health crisis or emergency
- Samaritans – If you want to talk to someone in confidence
- Breathing Space – If you’re experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety
- Scottish Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline – If you have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse or forced marriage
- Rape Crisis Scotland – If you’ve been affected by sexual violence at any time
- Also, visit Parenting across Scotland where you can find useful information for parents and families as well as an additional list of relevant services
What is counselling?
Counselling is a talking therapy with a trained professional. It’s an opportunity for you to talk about issues that worry you and have a negative impact in your life. Your counsellor will work at your own pace and will listen to your concerns without judgements.
Counselling can help you:
- Grow a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Improve your relationships.
- Bring about positive changes.
- Learn new ways to deal with challenges in life.
How to get in touch?
To get in touch about accessing counselling, please e-mail email@example.com with your name and surname, your full address, your contact number and e-mail address, and tell us briefly why you are seeking counselling.
For professional or other enquiries phone 0131 556 3899.
Your counselling sessions will take place in one of our local hubs. You can find your nearest local hub below: